- The learning program in the Preparatory School is a two-semester (4 levels) program that includes A1, A2, B1 and B2 levels.
- Students who are successful at the End of Module Achievement Test are eligible to continue to the next level. The students who are not successful have to repeat the module.
- Students can start their program in their departments after completing one semester provided that they reach B2 level.
- The duration of English Preparatory School for Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry students is one academic year if they cannot pass the English Proficiency Exam. Thus, the levels for the students from Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry departments can be extended to C1 depending on the time they complete the minimum required level. They are also given ESP (English for specific purposes) before they start their departments.
- Students are given a certificate for each completed level.
- Students are required to obtain a minimum A2 level certificate at the end of one academic year in order to be eligible to start their studies in their departments.
- The level of the students will determine the number of hours/ tasks that will be required from them in their English Courses when they start their departments.
The courses taken at all levels are as follows
A1: ENG 010
A2: ENG 011
B1: ENG 020
B2: ENG 021
C1 ESP 1: ENG 030
C1 ESP2: ENG 031
This module aims to make students reach CEFR Level A1. The students will acquire language proficiency Level A1 which allows them to cope with every day recurring communication situations requiring direct and easy information exchange on familiar routine topics.
This module aims to make students acquire language proficiency CEFR Level A2 which corresponds to basic users of the English language i.e. those able to communicate in everyday situations with commonly-used expressions and elementary vocabulary.
The aim of this module is to support students to acquire English language proficiency level B1 (CEFR) which corresponds to independent users of the English language i.e. those who have the necessary fluency to communicate without an effort with native speakers.
This module aims to make students reach CEFR Level B2 which corresponds to independent users of the English language i.e. those who have the necessary fluency to communicate without an effort with native speakers. It also aims to enhance the learners’ academic skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking.